Very popular since it was first introduced to the UK a few years ago. Simple one dial operation to select the stitch, plus this machine has the electronic foot control for superb speed control at all times even when starting or ending a seam.
This Oekaki sewing machine by Toyota can handle a variety of fabrics providing you use the right needle and good quality thread. I have sewn net curtains, heavy curtains (with lining, interlining and header tape), upholstery fabric, faux fur, felt, denim and done some quilting. It is fantastic for making alterations to clothes, such as taking up hems and also replacing zips, etc.
Not only that but it has the fantastic OEKAKI function for free motion embroidery, don't worry there's a DVD included which give you a great start and some handy tips while embroidering. Also included is the extension table as shown in one of our images. Plus an curricular sewing attachment! imagine being able to sew perfect circles, linking then together to create floral designs on cushions.
The machines features are listed below:
- Has a carrying handle
- 24 built in stitches including a 4-step buttonhole, straight and stretch stitches, 3 sizes of zig-zag and multi zig-zag, blind and stretch blind hem,
various overcasting stitches, blanket, shell & other decorative stitches.
- Extra spool for twin-needle stitching
- Adjustable presser foot pressure
- Presser foot can be raised higher to accommodate thicker fabric
- Adjustable top thread tension
- Adjustable stitch length
- Bobbin winder
- Reverse stitch lever
- Needle threader
- Clip on feet
- On board thread cutter
- Feed dogs can be dropped for sewing on buttons, free-hand embroidery and darning
- Removable accessory box to reveal free arm for sewing sleeves, etc
- Soft cover
As you can see from the picture, it comes with a bundle of accessories.
- Large extension table
- Embroidery hoop for free-hand embroidery
- Operator's Manual
- Instructional DVD
- Instruction book for Oekaki (Japanese for 'To draw')
- Zig-zag foot (on machine)
- Walking foot
- Zipper foot
- Free-hand embroidery/darning foot
- Buttonhole foot
- Open toe applique foot
- Buttonhole cutter
- Quilting guide (attaches to rear of zig-zag foot)
- Needle plate screwdriver
- Lint brush
- 3 bobbins (one in machine)
- Standard needle (on machine) and can use denim, leather, ballpoint and twin needles
- Small screwdriver
- Second spool pin to enable twin needle sewing
- Pencil for marking fabric for Oekaki
|Free Gift||Bonus Gift to get you stitching - 36 THREAD SET worth £35|
|Warranty||Extended Warranty 10 Years Parts and Labour|
|Size||W 43 cm x H 29 cm|
|Variable Electronic Speed Control||Yes|
|Bobbin Access||Front Loading|
|Transparent bobbin cover Bobbin Cover||No|
|Hard Carrying or Storage Cover||No|
|Automatically Tensions Thread||No|
|Integrated Needle Threader||Yes|
|Thread End Cutting||Manual|
|Number of Stitch Selections||22 Stitch Programs|
|Popular Stitch Functions||Straight, Zig-Zag, Multi Zigzag, Blind Hem, Stretch Blind Hem, Rolled Hem, Straight Stretch, Overlock Stretch, Scallop, Ric Rac, Honeycomb, Applique, Sew-On Buttons|
|Formation of Buttonholes||4-Step Sequence|
|Variety of Buttonholes||1|
|Maximum Speed Limit Adjustment||No|
|Needle Up/Down Function||No|
|Integrated Dual Feed System||No|
|Integrated Fabric Feed Lowering||Yes|
|Hook Movement||Oscillating Action|
|Needle Positions||Left to Right|
|Tutorial CD / DVD||Yes|
While you are here it would be helpful to tell us what you think! Why not share your review with others.
You have no items to compare.
You have no items in your shopping cart.