The jaws of the press must be closed but for how long when pressing?
The jaws of the press must be closed but for how long when pressing? How long should you press the fabric when you close the pressing plates?
Whilst using a steam press it is not required to keep the pressing plates closed for more than a few seconds, usually 2 to 4 seconds is enough. But remember it all depends on your laundry's textile content.
Holding down the heating jaws for too long a period will cause damage to the articles that are being ironed, just like a old fashioned regular hand iron would do.
- What are steam press heating plates made of?
- Do I have to keep the press flat for storage?
- Cleaning the heating plate
- The board cover has torn?
- I don't know which size steam press I need?
- Do you have to use special water in a steam press?
- But how would I iron sleeves, do i need a sleeve board?
- Is it difficult to push jaws down firmly on the steam press?
- Will the steam press damage my laundry?
- Quick tip for people who have a new press and have not read instruction book!
- Tell me about Roller Presses
- Which size Rotary Iron to get
- What about King Size bedding
- My Press has stopped heating up
- Which press should I buy STEAM or DRY?
- What are the pressing cushions for?
- What temperature setting should you use for different fabrics?